The founding ceremony of the Chinese-German Hospital Society, organized by Swiss International Health Care, took place in Berlin on November 22, 2017. Participants from the German side included:
- Prof. Dr. med. Einhäupl, the chairman of the board of Charité University Medicine Berlin
- Prof. Dr. med. Busse, director of the Institute for Health Economics at the TU Berlin
- Mr. Nizar Maarouf, Vice Director of Vivantes International
Participants from the Chinese side included:
- Dr. Wang, President of Shanghai General Hospital
- Mr. Xie, representative of the Chinese Embassy
In the days leading up to the founding ceremony, the Chinese delegation led by Mr. Wang visited the clinics of Charité, Vivantes as well as DRK and discussed further cooperation possibilities with German experts.